Bracknell Forest Community Network
Since May 2017 the Bracknell Forest Community Network has supported nearly 200 people aged 18 and over living with mental ill-health to develop their confidence, interests, hobbies, life skills and resilience.
The Network has dedicated Recovery Facilitators who support individuals on their recovery journey using:
- Relationship building
- Graded exposure
- Confidence building
- Anxiety management
- Motivational techniques
Our Recovery Facilitators could help if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Recovering from an episode of mental ill-health
- Social isolation or looking to get out in the community more
- A carer of somebody living with mental ill-health wanting to access the community
- Needing practical support and information to get back to independence
Developing the Network
Based on the Lambeth Collaborative model and mental health recovery principles, the development of the Network has been co-produced with the individuals and carers it supports.
The Network holds regular co-production meetings where all supported individuals, carers and other stakeholders are invited to come along and give their views on the direction the Network's development should take. This approach benefits the effectiveness of Network in that it the support it provides is being delivered in a person-centred way that those it supports have requested and take ownership of.
Over the coming year the Network will look to develop:
- Psycho-education classes for individuals with secondary mental health needs
- Peer Mentoring and Individual Placement and Support (IPS) schemes
- Maintenance groups for Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST), Minor Cognitive Impairment (MCI), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Carers (CBT)
All of these will be co-produced with supported individuals and their carers as well as practitioners from the Bracknell Forest Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT).
All of these activities are starting to have an effect in reducing the likelihood of supported individuals needing future secondary mental health intervention and bed-based provision, as seen from the reduced waiting list for CMHT Care Co-ordination.
If you feel you could benefit from some additional support simply get in touch with us by:
phoning: 01344 823300